Simple XML File Processing Job
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are in need of a .Net console app that, given a series of xml files representing parking rates, can manipulate the files to create a new file composed of a subset of the contents of the all files provided.
The functionality should be built in C# in a library that can be called from a variety of clients.
The inputs to the application should be as follows:
1. Location of Directory of "base parking rates" xml file (i.e. c:\files\baserates\)
2. Location of Directory of "special event rates" xml file(s) (i.e. c:\files\eventrates\)
3. Location of directory to write new output rates file (i.e. c:\files\reversionrates\)
When executed, the application should do the following:
1. Open base rates and special event rates xml files in the specified directory
2. Create an output file in the specified output rates directory
3. For Each <POST_ID> value in the <METERED SPACE> element of the Special Event rates files, write the corresponding <METERED_SPACE> element that has the matching <POST_ID> to the output file
Further, the application should write a log of the operations that document the steps associated with execution of the file and records any errors encountered.
If the input files are not valid xml documents, the entire process should be aborted and an error is to be recorded in the log file.