TEST FOR FULL TIME: Social Media Outreach via Email and Facebook
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
This is a test job for a full-time job. Here are the paramaters of the job. The details of this particularly assignment are below.
Your job will be to search FOURSQUARE using advanced GOOGLE search parameters.
We will provide you with a number of keywords to search Google with.
You will contact the MAYORS of various businesses on Foursquare via GMAIL.
We will give you a pre-written script to use, and you will simply put in the person's name in the title.
DETAILS FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT:
1. Use Google to search Foursquare with the parameters: DRY CLEANERS SAN FRANCISCO, CA SITE:FOURSQUARE.COM. Click the first result.
See image 1 for an example of what this looks like.
2. Identify the mayor and click through the their profile. See image 2.
3. On their profile, there will be either a Facebook Logo, a Twitter Logo, or both. If there is a Twitter Logo, click through to their Twitter profile. See image 3.
4. Log into a GMAIL account (GMAIL.com) that we will provide for you.
5. Install Rapportive (http://rapportive.com/install). You will use this to cross-list the Foursquare mayors with their email addresses.
If your browser does not support Rapportive, you should download Google Chrome (https://www.google.com/intl/en/chr
6. Compose a new email in Gmail. Copy and paste the Twitter handle of the Foursquare mayor into the TO field, except DO NOT include the @ sign at the beginning. Add @gmail.com to the end of the username. See image 4.
If a picture appears, move to Step 7.
If no picture appears, try combining their FIRST and LAST name (as shown on Twitter).
If there is still no picture, return to the search results from Step 1 and click on the second link. Go through the process again until you find a correct email that matches up with Rapportive.
7. Rapportive should load a picture and relevant contact info about the email address. See Image 5.
If the picture in the email matches up with the picture in the Twitter profile, send the recipient the following email with their name in place of [FIRST NAME GOES HERE]. The subject should be: Betterific -- a Community for People with Great Ideas
See Image 6 for what this should look like.
Hey [FIRST NAME GOES HERE],
My team and I are launching a new startup out of the DreamIt Ventures Incubator, and figured we'd reach out to you because you're a foursquare mayor (and a social media lover) and we'd be honored to have you as an early adopter!
It's called Betterific and it's a place for great ideas. Think of Betterific as your bank of ideas, a place to share and discover these great ideas and rally around those “why didn’t I think of that” moments. It's pretty fun and rewarding. I have a feeling you'll enjoy it and have some interesting ideas of your own to add to the conversation.
We've been live for 6 weeks, and some of users have posted some pretty great product improvement suggestions: : "Wouldn't it be better if salsa containers were bowl shaped". "Wouldn't it be better if A washer was stacked on top of the dryer, so that when the wash cycle completes, it automatically dumps the clothes into the dryer for the dry cycle." There's lots more where that came from!
We'd be thrilled to have you as an early adopter. Betterific is in private beta, but the links i've included let you "jump the line." http://www.betterific.com/mlp?u=us
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
In your response to this job listing, include the word SOUCIETEST
Skills: facebook, english, gmail, foursquare, twitter