Technical Support Agent I - Phone Support
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are looking for experienced and professional individuals to provide high quality technical support to customers who have purchased our software products.
Applicants must be able to provide outstanding performance, on a daily basis, in the following areas.
Job requirements include:
1. Communication with customers and co-workers in US English
o Using varied methods such as CRM, email, Chat, telephone, virtual meetings, etc.
o In a style that projects business professionalism and technical knowledge
o Using accurate grammar and spelling in English
o Quickly responding to requests from customers and co-workers
o With a high degree of accuracy
o Always documenting in CRM or other application
2. Training and self education
o Using department procedural documentation
o Using virtual training courses
o By reviewing previous customer cases, product documentation and internal databases
3. Working independently to achieve
o Customer satisfaction
o Accomplishment of assigned tasks as scheduled
o Accountability for quality and quantity of work performed
4. Experience with the following technologies:
Data backup methods such as block and sector level replication
General information technologies such as VSS, windows registry, networking (TCP/UDP)
Disk storage technologies such as LVM, MDADM, striping, RAID, etc
Database technologies such as MySQL, Percona, MariaDB, etc
Remote access technologies such as Linux Shell, terminal emulators, RDP and SSH
Virtual and Operating systems such as Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware, Linux distros such as Redhat, Suse, Debian, Ubuntu and CentOS
Non-technical Job Requirements:
1. The applicant must be able to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 5:00 am to 6:00 pm CST (UTC/GMT -6 hours), Monday to Friday. The shift will be determined after the training period.
2. The applicant must be able to provide phone support via a soft phone client that we provide to the applicant.
- Assist and provide solutions to customer who request support with our software product
- Communicate updates and troubleshooting steps to customers in a timely and professional manner
- Follow directions provided by senior tech support engineers and/or developers - in order to be eligible for an interview, copy this bullet point and paste it at the end of your application cover letter otherwise your application will be rejected
- Create and manage new cases
- Manage multiple cases in queue
- Manage inbound and outbound communications
- Research problems in multiple databases to find known issues and solutions
- Replicate customer issues in a lab using the same platforms found in the customer's environment
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
1. Skype and good quality audio call capability in order to conduct the interview.
2. Internet with bandwidth no less than 3 MB/s to support an IP soft phone client.
3. Windows 7 or later OS on his or her working computer.
The applicant MUST be the person who is actually performing the work. The contract is for direct hire. Agencies should not apply.
Required Work Experience
1 year or greater job related experience in all above areas.
Skype will be used to interview each selected applicant. The applicant must be on time for the scheduled interview and must have a good headset that is already fine tuned for VOIP communications used in Skype. If the applicant doesn't meet the above requirements at the time of the interview, the interview will be canceled and no other opportunities will be offered. To succeed in the job, the applicant must have a high level of attention to detail. Such an applicant will have read this job description and understood all instructions stated above before applying for the job.