Technical Support Engineer - 40 hours per week
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are looking for experienced and professional individuals to provide high quality technical support to customers.
Applicants must be able to provide outstanding performance, on a daily basis, in the following areas.
Job requirements include:
1. Communication with customers and co-workers
- Using varied methods such as Zendesk, email, Chat, telephone, etc.
- In a style that projects business professionalism and technical knowledge
- Using accurate grammar and spelling in English
- Quickly responding to requests from customers and co-workers
- With a high degree of accuracy
- Always documenting in Zendesk or other application
2. Training and self education
- Using department procedural documentation
- Using virtual training courses
- By reviewing previous customer cases, product documentation and internal databases
3. Working independently to achieve
- Customer satisfaction
- Accomplishment of assigned tasks as scheduled
- Accountability for quality and quantity of work performed
4. Candidates are required to have some experience and technical skills in these areas:
- Server Administration:
- Linux, for example Centos or Ubuntu.
- FreeBSD and Mac are nice-to-haves.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and up
- Database technologies:
- One of the common open source database engines, for example MySQL or PostGreSQL.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and later
- Web Applications:
- One or more of the common open source web server applications, for example Apache or Nginx. Experience with Tomcat server is a nice-to-have.
- Microsoft IIS 8.0 and later
- Nice-to-haves include memcached, Redis, NoSQL databases such as MongoDb.
- Cloud computing, ideally experience with Amazon AWS and / or Azure
- Systems and application monitoring and management
- Networking protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, RDP, SSH HTTP and HTTPS
Non-technical Job Requirements:
The applicant must be able to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 5:00 am to 6:00 pm CST (UTC/GMT -6 hours), Monday to Friday. The shift will be determined after the training period.
- Assist and provide solutions to customers requesting support with our software and services
- Communicate updates and troubleshooting steps to customers in a timely and professional manner
- Follow directions provided by senior tech support engineers and/or developers - in order to be eligible for an interview, copy this bullet point and paste it at the end of your application cover letter
- Create and manage new cases
- Create KnowledgeBase articles documenting solutions to commonly-asked questions and problems
- Manage multiple cases in queue
- Manage inbound and outbound communications
- Research problems in multiple databases and forums to find known issues and solutions
- Replicate customer issues using your computer or cloud resources
- Assist customers in English via Email, occasionally phone and Chat
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- Internet with bandwidth no less than 3 MB/s to support an IP soft phone client.
- Skype and good quality audio call capability in order to conduct the interview.
- System running Windows 7 (or later), or a mac
The applicant MUST be the person who is actually performing the work. The contract is for direct hire. Agencies should not apply.
Required Work Experience
1 year or greater job related experience in all above areas.
Skype will be used to interview each selected applicant. The applicant must be on time for the scheduled interview and must have a good headset that is already fine tuned for VOIP communications used in Skype. If the applicant doesn't meet the above requirements at the time of the interview, the interview will be canceled and no other opportunities will be offered. To succeed in the job, the applicant must have a high level of attention to detail. Such an applicant will have read this job description and understood all instructions stated above before applying for the job.