Why work here?
- Full-time Technical Support Engineer.
- Challenging work with opportunity for growth.
- To work on multiple technologies.
- To be part of an innovative Support team.
What are the responsibilities in the job?
- Adhere to your assigned timezone (PST or EST) shift, ensuring highest possible availability for incoming calls, and maximising productive use of time between incoming issues.
- Ensure calls are always clearly and fully documented with every customer and internal interaction.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve customer issues independently making use of the resources available to you.
- Write a knowledge-base article for every new issue solved.
- Own and resolve customer issues in a timely manner for your assigned skill groups
- Communicate effectively with customers regarding expectations for callbacks and follow up of their issues.
- Manage difficult customers effectively and professionally, seeking help from senior staff or forums and other resources available to you as needed.
- Achieve a steady increase in the number of issues handled per month and same day/week issue closures per month. Maintain performance at a level comparable with others at your grade, or at the median for the department as a whole – whichever is greater.
- Notify your manager of any escalated/tricky issues you are working on, and ensure action plans, and callbacks are agreed with the customer, and documented in your calls, whilst retaining ownership of the issue itself . Ensure your manager is updated on a daily basis.
- Hold online and phone conferences with customers to help with particular issues.
- Log bugs in the bug database using clear and precise information, detailing the issue and how to reproduce. Provide additional information to development as needed. Set the customer impact level appropriately for the bug. Justify and request patches when necessary with minimal assistance from your manager.
- Demonstrate an increasing level of customer care skills
- Work on more than one product at a time.
- Work on ad hoc projects, as required
- Be a technical mentor for new hires joining the organization, and other engineers.
- Demonstrate an ability and willingness to apply skills to areas outside the areas of specialization.
- Create test cases as needed from customers' description of the problem and/or from customers' code snippet.
- Be able to read and interpret product and Java logs.
What are the requirements for the role?
- Good to excellent working knowledge of Java.
- Good to excellent communication skills in written and spoken English (Spanish is a plus).
- Be very familiar with troubleshooting tools available in the Windows and/or Linux Operating System.
- Be very customer focussed and comfortable in conversing at a technical level with customers.
- Understand and adhere to the organization and the company goals.
- Be able to handle multiple issues at the same time and work under pressure.
For our GTeam FZ LLC Technical Support Engineer role, we're offering $12/hour ($480 fixed-price payment for a trial job if that trial leads us to hire you). We work with you through one of several approved staffing and payment platforms, which will charge a percentage fee on your gross earnings.
How to qualify:
Show us who you are. We need verifiable identification, online skills tests, and a brief Skype video interview. Sorry, this part is not paid, but it won't last more than a week, and if you've got the motivation, you'll be done in a few hours.
Try out the job. During a one-week fixed-price trial assignment, prove to us that we should give you the full-time position of 40 hours/week at the job's hourly rate. We're looking for progress and dedication; if you show that, we may have other positions in GTeam FZ LLC for you even if you don't get the assignment quite right.
Click here to apply for this position:
Note: Although you need to apply through the link above, you will still be hired and paid through oDesk if selected.