Transcribe English Webinar Audio Recordings (CLOSED - January 17th)
***** CLOSED - January 17th (Thurs), 2013 *****
I wish to give a warm Thank You to the 19 people who responded to the detailed 11 hiring questions. 4 Contractors were selected as the Team to do this Job, and future contract work.
I am closing this Hourly-Rate-Job Posting, as ODesk Technical Support indicated I will have to post 4 separate Fixed-Rate-Jobs for each finalist.
***** Updated Job Posting - January 16th (Wed), 2013 *****
It appears I have more work to give out than I first estimated, and that is good for you!
To be fair to all the 78 people who responded, below are more details so you can bid
again for a fair wage and not end up with too much work that you cannot handle.
Since I cannot interview all 78 people who responded. You will notice I am asking for
11 items for you to respond, in my experience, this is good for a mutually respectful
long-term working relationship because then you and I will both have a clear
understanding of each other's job requirements and performance expectations.
I have a total of:
1) 51 English business lecture audio files in WMA/MP3/3ga format.
2) Total of 2122 minutes or 35.37 hours to transcribe.
3) Some recordings have more than one person talking.
4) Some recordings are a panel of people debating a topic back and forth.
5) A few recordings are direct feed from mircophone source, so sound quality is excellent.
6) Most recordings are tape recorder put on the seat of the lecture hall, so sound quality has echo.
7) I would like to have it done by January 25th (Fri), 2013.
8) Transcript typed in MS Word.
9) Every 5 minutes please add the Time Index to make reading the Transcript easier.
10) If mutilple speakers talking, please reference "Speaker 1", "Speaker 2", etc...
In your reply, can you please kindly state:
1) Can you commit to the January 25th (Fri), 2013 deadline?
2) What is the Maximum total hours of audio work you can transcribe by deadline?
3) What is the total $$$ wage you need for the hours of work you are bidding for?
4) If I end up giving you less hours of work, than what is your Hourly Rate?
5) If I end up giving you less hours of work, than what is your Minimum hours of work, if any?
6) Can you commit to Privacy Agreement and not redistribute the work to others?
7) Can you commit to Privacy Agreement and not redistribute the source material to others?
8) Can you send me the transcript of the first file you complete, so I can see your work quality?
9) Are you an Independent Worker, or if you work through an Agency?
10) Can you Skype with me for a face-to-face interview so we can ask each other clarifying questions?
11) What are your business hours in Eastern Time / Toronto Time that I can Skype with you?
If your work is good I will need you for one entire year because each month I may have
about five to ten hours of audio business lectures for you to transcribe.
Thank you, I welcome all serious bidders looking for a mutually respectful long-term working relationship.
Please see attached PDF for the list of audio file details for your reference:
***** Below is my Original Job Posting from January 15th (Tues), 2013 *****
Transcription from about ten WMA/MP3 files of audio business lectures recorded in English, total about 15 hours of talking by more than one speaker, to MS Word in English.
To make this job easier for you to do, you do not need to be 100% word for word accurate. I will be using the transcript you make for me to use as my study notes, as I study better listening to the WMA/MP3 recording and reading the transcript simultaneously.
If your work is good I will need you for one entire year, because each month I may have about five to ten hours of audio business lectures for you to transcribe.
Skills: english, pdf