VPN expert + WHMCS integration
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Three Monkeys International is an international organization that builds cutting edge web services and ensure sustainable revenues with independent developers. We place human within the nuclei of business framework. Our company has no shareholder and all the profits are being redistributed between company staff and contracting partners.
Our project consists of completing the development of a VPN service provider integrated with WHMCS. It was originally developed by contractors here on oDesk yet unfortunately we need to switch staff in order to improve communication & reliability so as to complete the project in good conditions and launch successfully.
The original contractors have handled more than 70% of the project's development, so it is only a matter of completing tasks and preparing for launch. They have prepared access list and are available for small questions.
In order to fulfill this project you need to have sound skills with both OS/network management and WHMCS.
The OS/network management side of the project consists of these 5 tasks:
1. Acquire understanding of current setup (spread on 4 servers).
2. Clean servers from unuseful services and double check security.
3. Change the servers hostnames (map them with subdomain.domain.com).
4. Install PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN and CGIProxy on three servers (some services are already partially configured on some of them).
5. Connect technologies to Radius database (e.g. use of Radius login/password for connecting to PPTP or OpenVPN or yet again use of Radius login/password for CGIProxy's .htaccess password protection - this is also partially already done).
The WHMCS side of the project consists of 8 tasks:
1. Remove IP address from support tickets.
2. Remove one account type (a monthly one) and add a new one (48 hours one).
3. Clean up welcome emails & panel templates (product details) with proper connection details (including downloadable ovpn files).
4. Make sure Radius database is configured so that account types have different priority on resources.
5. Test everything (account creation, account expiration, renewal).
6. Remove all current WHMCS accounts/invoices.
7. Add two admin accounts (one for us and one for you).
8. Create a backup script for everything.
The deadline for this project is maximum one month, though we will prefer if it can be done in two-three weeks.
The budget for this project is $1000. You will receive $400 once you have completed all the tasks listed here. You will then receive $300 in December and $300 in January for startup maintenance. After that, you will receive a monthly wage for continued maintenance and further development which will be a % of the revenues generated; it will range from $500 up to $5000 per month depending the workload and the revenues generated. We are thus looking for long term partners who wish to receive a stable monthly wage for handling professionally a nice VPN service in relaxed environment (no office times for you).
With this said, however, talented people with maximum communication & reliability only may apply.
Skills: management, server-administration
Other open jobs by this client
- Hourly – Software Development Rockstar