Virtual Personal Assistant for professional and private tasks
---PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU'VE ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS BELOW---
As an entrepreneur I have a number of tasks, both private and official, that I have to pass on from time to time. The number of hours spent doing these tasks will probably rise over time, from maybe 2 hours a week initially to full time over time.
I envisage this to be a long term relationship, especially as the two start-ups that we are now pushing grow to fruition. You will be working under multiple identities for different uses as we grow into different companies.
Both start-ups are in the cutting edge 3D printing space, which is very exciting. Applicants who have some knowledge about this area will be preferred. The companies are based in Nigeria, US and the UK.
The tasks will be largely administrative and cloud based, knowledge of functionality of all major web based platforms, office products and others will be required. Initially the tasks may be mundane but will grow in interest over time. If you can't provide the skill required, I would like to see you sourcing the most cost effective and reliable person to do the job. Specifically we look for following skills:
• Maintain calendars and contact databases. Answer phone and emails.
• Schedule conference calls and meetings
• Maintain accurate files onsite, offsite and electronically
• Process business expenses
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations; including proofreading, editing, printing and binding
• Prepare Excel spreadsheets
• Proofreading speeches and publications
• Coordinate complex travel arrangements for both domestic and international travel
• From time to time I might also ask you to edit pictures
• Potentially also working on financial models, but that is not a must
(b) Technical and Software Skills required:
• Office 2007 and 2010
• Binding documents
• Word Press
• Quick Books
• Photoshop, Gimp or another picture editing software
• Bachelor's degree preferred but not mandatory
I like to work with people that show initiative, are competent, respectful, professional, and above all honest. I expect them to be able to deal with high-stress situations and be able to speak and write eloquently.
Initially I expect the personal assistants to provide hour estimates for the work they are asked to do. In the early days, I will be getting multiple hour quotes from a shortlist of personal assistants but hope to reduce the number of people that I work with over time.
If the above sounds interesting to you, please apply by answering following questions:
1) What do you understand under 3D printing?
2) What in your opinion are the biggest opportunities in the 3D printing space?
3) Can you provide one cultural hallmark that has key differences across the UK, Nigeria, the US and your own country?
4) A brick we might boringly use for building houses. Can you think of 20 other ways in which a brick could be used? List them.
5) If you were a Disney character, which one would you be and why?
Skills: research, writing