Task: Evaluate/Redesign existing Kronos Time and Labor management VM enviornment to increase access/performance.
The Virtualization Architect is responsible for strategic planning, design, and implementation of x86-based virtual server and virtual desktop platforms across the organization to ensure a high level of performance, data integrity, availability, and security. The Architect is also responsible for the application of policies and procedures adhering to company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. The right candidate is highly motivated and self-directed, enjoys driving complex initiatives within a large organization, and has demonstrated experience providing technical leadership and mentoring.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Design and implement virtualization solutions based on best practices to support both data center and distributed server infrastructures and desktop environments.
• Provide technical Architecting and design review to virtualize new and existing server systems, applications, infrastructure, and hardware to ensure data protection and high availability.
• Partner with vendors to understand applications, strategies, and roadmaps for current, as well as new and emerging technologies.
• Drive POC initiatives to support the company’s SOA and cloud-based initiatives.
• Collaborate with Enterprise Architects and various SOA-based teams to develop long-term strategic goals to meet future business demands.
• Develop business cases to justify strategic investment in systems architecture, including analysis of future growth and cost reduction opportunities.
• Develop automation for VM creation, configuration, and provisioning.
• Identify and report Key Performance Indicators, including capacity planning.
• Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure platform security.
• Provide architectural expertise, direction, and guidance to team members.
• Provide third-level support for incident resolution in designated areas of expertise.
• Available for 24x7x365 on-call support and work weekends and/or holidays, as necessary.
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
• 5+ years of current experience architecting complex enterprise solutions and developing technical strategies.
• Expert-level knowledge and focused experience in an enterprise environment in at least three of the following disciplines: VMware vSphere (4.1-5.0), VMware vCenter, VMware View, VMwarevCloud Director, Active Directory design, and Cisco Unified Computing Systems.
• Strong experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows and RHEL servers, networks, and clusters in an enterprise environment.
• Strong understanding in networking and storage fundamentals, architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present to groups and executives.
• Proficient technical documentation and written skills.
• Current experience leading and setting priorities in fast-paced team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification is highly preferred.
• Microsoft MCSE or MCITP certification is preferred.
• Good understanding with database management systems such as Oracle and MS SQL.
Project Specific Software
Kronos_App_Server (Application Server) is a VMWare virtual server configured as follows:
Processor 4 Virtual CPU
Hard Disk 1 30GB (Operating System)
Hard Disk 2 20GB (Applications/Data)
Oracle_DB_Server (Database Server) is a HP DL380 G7 server configured as follows:
Processor 2 x 6 core
Hard Disk 1 136GB (Operating System)
Hard Disk 2 136GB (Applications/Data)
Hard Disk 3 838GB (Data 1)
Hard Disk 4 838GB (Data 2)
Hard Disk 5 136GB (SQL Logs)
Hard Disk 6 300GB (FusionIO Solid State Disk with mirror)
Hard Disk 7 300GB (FusionIO Solid State Disk with mirror)
Skills: design, leadership, analysis, vmware, mcse