Vp Software Engineer
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
A SaaS company building out a large-scale distributed VOIP communications platform is looking for a VP Software Engineering, a key leadership role that will be integral in building out a team, planning, development, testing and deployment. The existing application is based on LAMP + Asterisk, but this role will be expected to define the best stack for the next generation.
- Develop and oversee immediate, short-term, and long-term development strategy, including languages, infrastructure, and libraries
- Guide the existing dev team and new hires in best practices for developing maintainable, quality software.
- Ensure code is properly documented
- Manage relationships with vendors and contractors
- 4+ years software development experience
- 2+ years experience as a leader of an engineering team / managing software development processes
- Experience with automated software testing and deployment
- In-depth knowledge of software development and testing processes (waterfall, agile, scrum, etc)
- Experience architecting for and deploying to the cloud
- Capable of hiring and building a top notch team
- Startup experience preferred
Skills: engineering, voip, leadership, agile