Thanks for looking at our post!
Before anything else, there are a few questions at the bottom that A) will obviously tell us a lot about you, and B) help us weed out spam proposals.
Thanks in advance for answering them!
We are creating a highly scalable social commerce site. We will be happy to get into the specifics of our project after receiving proposals, but for now, here is an initial list of the developer's responsibilities:
- Create a backend system where users can create/edit profiles with the ability to upload photos and videos
- Integrate payment processing through the PayPal API +Escrow.com
- Build a system to allow for product searches by a number of variables (price/category/etc.)
- Integrate with Facebook SDK, as well as Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Create a quantity tracker on product pages, as products will have a finite quantity
- Create an internal messaging system for buyers and sellers to send private messages to each other
No need to answer with an essay, but please address each question:
1) We would much prefer to hire someone for a fixed cost instead of hourly. Does this work for you?
2) Are you solely a programmer or you experienced in design as well? Please include any applicable examples.
3) What work have you done that lends itself to our project that combines social networks and payment processing? On these projects, what was your role? Please send links to any such projects.
4) How often, and how, would you be available to communicate with us during the project?