Web Site ReDesign and ReFresh
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Update an existing web site that focuses on Social Job Networking. The site to be refreshed was originally created in an older version of Dreamweaver and flash from 2005 and needs to be refreshed to more of today's web site look & feel. It should not feel like "just another Word Press or Joomla" Template site but represent something quite original. The images will need to be resized to have more of a current look!
The refreshed site should work with a Windows-based hosting platform such as is on Network Solutions. Odesk responders should review the site and provide an estimate for project completion in their response.
Key requirements include:
1. Refresh the Web Site with newer code, newer, more current look, Newer Images that relate to the concept of Social Networking with an Employment Focus. The refresh should include all pages of the existing site.
2. Re-Organize the Links to make the site more useful to the Job Seeker and the Employer or the Regular Visitor.
3. Allow for ability for person's who’s not savvy with content management systems to self-edit the content after design is complete and accepted. (Joomla is difficult, I am not trained on Word Press but Dreamweaver is easy to use for novices; However, I am open to recommendation). Once edits are done, the site should force a type of “content formatting” so that updates always appear neat.
4. Allow for Room for Video or Commercial Presentation possibly on separate pages. Embedded video on the web page is also acceptable.
5. Gerald or the O Desk Contractor shall provide new images that reflect the concept of Network To Hire across each page.
6. Easy Content Editing/Updating – the new site shall be easy to edit and update the content of the refreshed web site while maintaining a consistent, neat and organized format to the external site visitor.
7. The refreshed site shall allow for the ability to upload new images in fixed locations on the refreshed web page..
8. Allow for ability to post sponsored Ads that will not impact the look of the page negatively. – accommodate a smaller horizontal for bottom footer. and 160 button within content for homepage. (Agreed, however, let’s make sure that it’s value-added upon final presentation!)
9. Allow for creation of a “controlled” blog where attendees and sponsors can post comments about Events, Changes in the Job Industry – they will be able to comment on your posts, but will not be able to add posts to the blog.
10. The redesigned site shall allow for fresh articles posted on the home page, in a shortened format, in which a visitor must click on the “Read More” button to be taken to the page with the full article.
11. Allow for a Scrolling newsreel of relevant job news articles
12. Revise and re-organize the navigation menu. Drop Down Menus are welcome.
13. Identify and Add relevant images that emphasize social "job or business related" networking. These images may be both large, medium or small size but able to be edited in Photoshop sufficiently to fit the page and convey the concept well.
14. Web Designer should have good experience in creating a fresh web site that does not look like all the other Word Press or Dreamweaver Templates today.
15. Create new pages so that guests visitors to the site can not simply do a "View Source" and copy the code quickly or the site's images.