Closed - This job posting has been filled.
We are a non-profit that uses big data to help cancer patients discover the best cures for their disease.
We currently have a website, based on Wordpress, that requires some extra page templates, perhaps a plugin or two, and a bit of re-factoring and re-architecture (to eliminate duplication)
- Work closely with our product management team to design an architecture based on requirements for the website
- Work closely with our designer and artist, and translate Photoshop composites into new Wordpress templates
- Translate wireframes into architecture, design and code for new wordpress plugins
- Build Mailchimp templates to a design, integrate with our existing scientific mailing lists
*The first sentence of your application should be "I would like to do this assignment for Cancer Commons because " (complete the  with your own words)*
- Strong experience developing Wordpress templates
- Strong experience developing Wordpress plugins
- Object-oriented design, good, clean code with well-defined functions (can you show us some code that you have written)
- Excellent communication skills via IM, phone, email
- Ability to work with a distributed design, art and product management team with rapid turnaround
- Experience with Github