VDC Research, a technology market research and consulting firm, is seeking an intern to support the production department in information design and layout for its research deliverables.
As an intern with VDC, you will collaborate with a team of seasoned design professionals to design images, charts, and exhibits for market research reports, presentations, proposals, and other electronic collateral. Key responsibilities and tasks will include:
• Working with Research Analysts to layout insightful and informative charts, tables, and other graphics that support our written research
• Assist in formatting sales, marketing, and client deliverable collateral that showcases VDC’s new brand and messaging to help drive sales and meet customer demands
• Compile a library of images and graphics that can be quickly used in future reports and research by analysts around a variety of topics
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
• Strong skills in visually representing concepts and data sets
• Business degree holder (or candidate) with experience in graphic presentations and design or a graphic design degree holder (or candidate) with an emphasis on business information or technical content
• Understanding of business and technology concepts to inform best way to visualize important messaging
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and short turnaround times
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver
• Basic knowledge of HTML
• Passion for learning and contributing to an exciting, deadline driven business
This position is part-time with flexible hours, but candidates should be able to work at least 15-20 hours per week. The internship will begin in mid-September and end in December, with the possibility of extending into 2014.
If this job description fits you, then VDC Research may have an opportunity for you. Interested candidates should apply with a resume and cover letter.
To learn more about VDC and its products and services, visit our website at: www.vdcresearch.com.