Skilled WordPress Developer
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
Please start your application by answering our Questions in 'How to
Apply' section and then add your cover letter and other information.
We are Website Development, Online Marketing, Strategic Consulation
European organization looking for REAL PHP / MYSQL / AJAX / JQUERY
GURU to be a core contributor in the development of our WORDPRESS
We are looking for a great, methodical, organized, self-motivated and
self-managed developer who knows everything in Development, User
Experience, Database Management, Debugging and more with regards to
Web design and integration.
We believe in challenging work done at the speed of light and solving
problems without creating new ones. We take pride in how we build our
Portals. We discuss and debate what features really matter, and more
importantly, which features don’t. This gives us the freedom to make
the right decisions and the satisfaction of seeing those decisions
applied in real life.
You won’t just be implementing just the basic features. We’re looking
for someone who wants to make an impact. We need you to take our
Portals and service to the next level by delivering big picture
solutions. We build for the end user.
1. Strong foundation in OOP principles
2. Clean and SIMPLE code (functions must be less than 50 lines)
3. Understanding VCS basics. We are using Subversion
4. Ability to code software according to published standards and
7. Important - Wordpress core knowledge. Actions, filters, request
8. Knowledge of database architecture and design
9. Ability to communicate in both written and spoken English.
10. A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
How we work:
The best ideas win, and we don’t have any layers of management to
fight through. You’ll be directly involved in all the decisions and
discussions. You should thrive on responsibility and enjoy earned
The developer will typically be assigned several deadlines over a
given period, and is expected to effectively manage his or her time to
meet those deadlines.
What we don't need: Someone who has to look up everything in Google,
works slow, wastes time.
Instead : High Quality Web Developer with excellent development skills.
Make no mistake:
You better bring your A game.
Only apply if you have the goods.
Tough situations and challenges make you queasy, then this is not for you.
Do you need a lot of hand holding and explaining? Then keep on moving.
How to Apply:
Make sure to respond in a detail these questions :
1 ) Who are you? Please introduce yourself in short giving your
background and general experience information.
2 ) Tell us more about your PHP experience?
3 ) Tell us more about your WordPress experience?
4 ) Are you experienced in using "Advanced Custom Fields" plugin on
WordPress. We would like to see ONE BEST example of your work if you
have worked on it.
5) Please send us one link each to show us your best work related to :
a. UI design and development
b. WordPress portal (Focus on Functionality)
c. Some multi-functional cool features.
6) Please let us know if you have experience in working with google maps.
7) Explain and describe to us ONE feature that you would work on if
you had to improve the oDesk website.
8) Suggest a Database design for holding phone numbers and related
information. Please design keeping in mind read access and search
based on phone numbers mostly.
9) Would you be able to work between 10am to 7pm GMT?
10) Are you easy to work with on Skype and Join.me?
Impress us by above and we would proceed to the next round consisting
of an interview and a trial assignment.
Skills: marketing, management, debugging, design