Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are an online e-commerce website rapidly growing in the Australian market and soon to expand into the UK & US.
The graphic designer role we are looking to fill is initially going to be on a job by job basis with the potential to go full time for the right candidate.
The role involves listening and understanding the needs of our business before making design decisions.
This role requires a variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, product packaging, displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, e.g. giving organisations a visual 'brand'.
For this role you will be given a brief from the creative director or account manager. You will then be asked to develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the jobs objectives.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
Typical work activities
This job may involve managing more than one design brief at a time and allocating the relevant amount of time according to the value of the job. Typical activities include:
- Virtual meeting with incumbents to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job.
- Interpreting the business needs and developing a concept to suit our purpose.
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes.
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Presenting finalised ideas to account managers.
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief.
If you feel this is you and you would like to apply then please send examples of your digital design work in with your application.