To maintain day to day financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet legislative requirements and support company operations.
DUTIES, STATEMENT & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the company finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assist with preparation of the budget and maintenance of cash flow reports
• Implement financial policies and procedures
• Prepare and reconcile general bank statements
• Establish and maintain supplier accounts
• Ensure data is entered into the system
• Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into QuickBooks
• Prepare month end income statements
• Prepare month end balance sheets
• Maintain financial files and records
• Reconcile financial registers
• Complete and lodge quarterly BAS returns and PAYGW/PAYGI instalments.
• Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all moneys.
• Administer weekly payroll and employee files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances
• Ensure adherence to all accounting procedures at all times
• Adhoc financial and administrative tasks and reporting as required by the Managing Director
Administrative Function - General Duties
• Supervise and coordinate call centre staff.
• Coordinate filing, storage and security of documents on SharePoint.
• Respond to and coordinate general customer inquiries.
• Manage the repair and maintenance of computer and office equipment.
• Maintain the company’s insurance coverage.
• Maintain vehicle license permits, registration and servicing.
• Assist with preparation of contract documents as required.
• Develop/improve internal systems and procedures to improve efficiency.
• Perform other related duties as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Relevant diploma/certificate qualifications or on-the-job experience;
• Prior experience in the QuickBooks system is highly desirable
• Five  years’ experience in a accounts/administration officer role
• Experience in service companies highly desirable
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Sound time management and organisational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Computer skills, competent using MS Office products, email and document filing systems
• Able to efficiently handle data and paperwork and process the same accurately & quickly;
• Great People Skills
• Quick thinking
• Attention to detail
• Integrity / honesty / ethical
• Team player / goal oriented
• Service orientation
• Ability to handle stress and demands of continuous change
• “Can Do” attitude
• Ability to maintain confidentiality