Curriculum Design and Evaluation
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
- CURRICULUM DESIGN & EVALUATION Competency 722.1.3: Using Technology to Support Teaching and Learning - The writer designs simulations, develops multimedia presentations, and selects appropriate technology to implement teaching and learning strategies for nursing education programs.
Objective:Design an electronic simulation to facilitate learning of a specified nursing performance-based skill.
Objective:Develop a multimedia presentation to engage learners in a specified type of interactive learning experience in nursing.
Technology provides opportunities for nursing students to engage in learning situations that previously required direct patient contact. Often students are not ready to make the critical decisions that are necessary once they are in the clinical setting because they have not had the experiences and practice prior to that time. Simulations and multimedia can provide opportunities for students to practice. As a nursing faculty member, you need to understand how to develop effective simulations and multimedia presentations that engage learners in interactive learning.
In this task, you will design two different technology-based interactive learning experiences in nursing. The first will be a simulation. This can be a virtual simulation or a case simulation that would be used with a simulation mannequin, such as “Sim Man,” which will include a case scenario and directions for how the technology expert should set up the mannequin. The second learning experience you will design is an interactive multimedia presentation.
A. Design a plan for an electronic simulation that will help teach nursing students a skill they will use in the clinical setting by doing the following:
1. Explain the topic or concept for the simulation (suggested length of 1/2 page).
2. Develop at least three learning outcomes that you will measure when the student engages in the simulation.
3. Develop a storyboard that shows how the simulation should appear when it is developed by a technology expert (suggested length of 10 frames).
4. Describe what the student will do in the simulation (suggested length of 1–2 pages).
B. Design a plan for a multimedia presentation to teach a topic in nursing by doing the following:
1. Explain the topic or concept to be taught through the presentation (suggested length of 1/2 page).
2. Develop at least three learning objectives that will be represented in the presentation.
3. Develop a storyboard for the multimedia presentation (suggested length of 5 frames).
4. Describe how you will make the presentation interactive (suggested length of 1–2 pages).
C. If you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Skills: design, teaching