Xero book-keeper with perfect English for immediate start, 10 hours/week for the long term.
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
We are in Australia. We have an Australian bookkeeper. We need someone to do a lot of the bookkeeping to help the Australian bookkeeper, and to . Also we need to outsource a lot of our Administration tasks. We run a tutoring business and have 200 students and about 50 staff.
We use a program called Asana to keep track of what jobs are given to you etc. It is easy to learn how to use. It is just a matter of watching about an hour of video.
Please only apply if you are experienced and really good for the job and if your English is terrific.
• 2 hrs/week do daily bank reconciliations for bank transactions. Assistance will be provided for complex ones.
• 1.5 hrs/week do receipting… From files uploaded to xero
• 3hrs/week enter new students from files uploaded to xero (customer record, draft invoices, repeating invoices)
• 0.5hrs/week enter new staff (files uploaded to dropbox)
• 1.0 hrs/week (not yet… Once you are fully trained in what we do) do credit notes and e-mail out to customer using xero template.
• 1.0 hrs/week enter bills/accounts payable that are easy for us to scan in
• 0.25 hrs/week assisting with preparation to send out batch invoices for the start of term, four times per year
• 2.0 hours per fortnight processing staff pay runs
• 0.5 hrs/week deal with all offsite invoicing (unlikely but possible)
o 1.5 hrs/weekcreating draft invoices for offsite students
• 0.1 hrs/week Once per month do a manual backup of xero and put that in dropbox
• integrity: you must do what you say you will do by the time you say you will do it (or communicate if something is going wrong). Timeframes getting off track is a small problem. People not communicating with us when timeframes can track would be a very big problem.
• must be an individual, not an agency
• must be highly highly competent in xero, and the general way that Australian bookkeeping is done
• must have perfect written and spoken English
• must be in a time zone that suits us (or willing to deal with staff during 4 of of our work day) (9am-3pm Australian Eastern daylight savings time)
• must have 2+ years of experience with xero (and more than that in bookkeeping)
• must be willing to commit to at least one year of working with us
• must be happy to do work for us at least once per day, 5 days/week
• must be able to do Skype video
• it is about 10 hours per week and will only grow to probably 12-15 hours per week by the end of the 2014.
We have an immediate project.
It is due on midday on Wednesday fifth of February… We need to send out a batch of invoices for the first school term of the year… To 200 students. Most of them are already existing customers in xero.
By midday Tuesday: we need you to have created about 20 new student records, invoices and repeating invoices. Also we need you to amend about 30 student records/invoices/repeating invoices.
We will be Skyping with the successful applicant on either:
Monday, 10.30 am-12pm, eastern daylight savings time in Australia)