Web Based Training, E-Learning Instructional Designer, Content Writer
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
LearnFirm.com is seeking an instructional design specialist with considerable experience in designing online educational programs for businesses.
LearnFirm.com is an online training and development company. Candidate must have an extensive business background in developing online courses in the areas of general business, quality, customer service, management, and human resources.
1. Content for online courses will be provided by LearnFirm.com
2. All work will be done in Adobe Captivate CS5.5.
3. The creation of appropriate graphics and models to demonstrate points will be done in PowerPoint’s Smart Art or Photoshop. All files will be saved as high definition jpg files.
4. Each online course will contain a student workbook will be done in Word. The student workbook will recap all of the content of the course and contain at least 50 pages.
4.1. All graphics from online course will be used in the student workbook
4.2. A comprehensive and current bibliography of the topic area being written will also be required for each of workbook.
5. The final exam questions will be done in Word.
6. All course modules will consist of text and graphic models to communicate information and ideas.
6.1. All photos, clip art will come from Microsoft’s royalty free files.
6.2. Graphics needed to communicate ideas and concepts will be created by the designer using PowerPoint’s Smart Art or Photoshop.
7. The length of each course will vary but in general;
7.1. Consist of 6 to 10 modules. (The number of modules for each course will be identified by Learnfirm.com)
7.1.1. Each module will be from 18 to 25 slides in length
7.1.2. Each module will contain a description of the module content containing two paragraphs.
8. For each module in an assigned course, there will be a list of 7 to 10 learning objectives.
188.8.131.52.1. Learning objectives will follow Bloom’s Taxonomy six phases; 1., knowledge, 2., comprehension, 3., application of knowledge, 4., analysis, 5., synthesis, and finally 6., evaluation of a scenario analysis.
184.108.40.206.2. Each modules will have 5 slides of quizzes and exercises eg., (fill in the blanks, true or false, matching exercises, assessments, multiple choice exercises, and scenario exercises) to test the learning objectives.
9. For each of the individual slides in a module there will be an accompanying script. The script will be entered into Adobe Captivate’s “Slide Notes” and “Text to Voice” areas.
10. A final exam consisting of at least 20 to 25 multiple choice questions. The final exam will test each of the learning objectives identified in all of the modules.
11. All work, including text and custom graphics will become the property of LearnFirm.com
This project is both a tactical engagement where you are expected to do the actual work and also be responsible for communicating with Learnfirm on a weekly basis your progress.
1. Good work ethic.
2. Ability to communicate professionalism and handle contractors with ease.
3. Excellent English and verbal communications skills.
4. Substantial prior instructional design, graphics, animation and management of e-learning projects.
5. Experience with multiple references.
6. Skype and Team Viewer ability to facilitate communication with LearnFirm.com
7. An indication of your competency will be demonstrated by having taken a majority of the following oDesk tests with above 80% scores:
• Business Writing Skills Certification
• MS Word Test 2007
• Business Writing Skills Certification
• Adobe Photoshop CS5.5
• Adobe Captivate CS5.5
• MS PowerPoint 2007
Compensation will be fix price per course developed against an overall budget. Successful candidates will enjoy a long term engagement with LearnFirm.com. Project review and final delivery dates will be agreed upon jointly.
Initially, course content will be provided to each designer. Eventually, designers will be give a topic area and asked to conduct their own research. Candidate must pass a phone interview and provide examples of past work.