The selected candidate will be responsible for assessing end-user needs, extracting data, creating reports, auditing work and documenting procedures. The selected candidate will have frequent contact with clients and external business partners. Experience in analyzing HCM Data and SIM Registration Data would enhance the candidate's ability to succeed in this position. This will be done via Citrix Goto Assist.
• Extract data and create reports from a database or a data warehouse using Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2.
• Design and develop business intelligence solutions using OLAP, SSIS 2008 R2 and SSRS 2008 R2.
• Generate custom ETL scripts using SSIS.
• Utilize SSRS (Reporting Services) to generate user/business reports.
• Optimize the existing code base.
• Consult with end-users to assess their reporting needs.
• Define functional specifications.
• Analyze stated requirements for new extractions and reports and perform the system design and programming to meet the requirements.
• Work with external business partners to implement data extractions.
• Audit coding efforts to ensure accuracy.
• Create user documentation, instructions, training materials and procedure documents.
• This position may also perform other duties as required to meet the goals and objectives of the organization.
• SQL Server experience (2008/2008R2 preferred, including some experience with SQL Server 2012), or other SQL experience.
• Proven Experience with Large Databases.
• Experience writing T-SQL stored procedures, DTS packages and ad hoc SQL queries.
• Secondary skills include SSIS and ETL development.
• Experience in Stored Procedures and user defined functions.
• Experience in Performance Tuning.
• Proven ability to identify and correct sources of errors in existing code.
• Proven proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
• Ability to work on and organize concurrent projects.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks with little supervision.
• Proven proficiency with database, reporting, and analytical tools.
• Ability to learn new concepts and absorb information quickly.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2008, 2008R2), or other Business Intelligence experience.
• Data warehouse design and/or data modeling skills.
• Prior employment with a HCM data management organization will be an advantage.
Bachelor's Degree or higher plus at least five years of proven experience in Information Technology (developing on and administration of SQL Server databases in a moderate to complex environment)
Other open jobs by this client
- Hourly – Zoho CRM developer