Linux System Engineer for Server remediation & RSYNC migration (Telecommuting, Freelance)
Leading data migration company looking for Linux Systems Engineer with 3 - 5 years of practical experience in IT with 2 - 3 years of experience with Linux. Primary responsibility includes Linux administration, remediation, LVM migration, and NFS migration.
System administrator will work with Linux engineers to develop Linux migration solution that may include but not be limited to:
• Assist in the development of Linux remediation - updating drivers, install/uninstall software, re-configuring LVM, re-configuring multipath and re-configuring file system
• Assist in the development of Linux LVM migration
• Assist in the development of Linux NFS migration using RSYNC
• Assist in developing automated script for discovery, server remediation, LVM migration and RSYNC migration
• Provide escalation support to customers and other contractors
• Linux Expertise: Minimum 2+ years of implementing and/or maintaining a Linux (RHEL or SuSE).
• Script Expertise: Minimum 1+ years (BASH, Perl, Python, PHP)
• RSYNC Expertise: Minimum 1+ years (RHEL or SuSE).
• SAN/NAS storage experience/certification plus
• Linux certification plus
• Linux virtualization experience plus
• Location: Telecommuting, Freelance
• Compensation: Negotiable
• Telecommuting is ok.
• This is a part-time job.
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
• Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.