Web App Developer (USA-Resident)
Web App Developer (USA-Resident)
USA Residents Only
Seeking US-based "work at home" Web Application Developer with 3 to 5 years of experience with Web development in PHP plus Ajax, HTML5 and/or Sencha ExtJS to join a well-funded start-up software company with high-growth potential. This is expected to be a long-term, full-time contract position.
Experience with Linux at the command line and/or kernel levels, high-availability/HA systems, ZFS filesystems, GlusterFS, NFS, Samba, iSCSI and experience with IT systems including NAS and SAN storage related technologies like NetApp® and EMC VNX, VMware, Hyper-V and Amazon EC2 are major pluses.
In addition to development duties, a secondary role this candidate will play is providing occasional3rd level technical support to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by customers to back up our help desk and customer support department, by resolving escalated customer and technology issues beyond the capabilities of our first and second level support teams.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A self-starter, flexible team player capable of wearing multiple hats and doing whatever it takes to succeed in a challenging, rewarding startup environment
- A self-disciplined individual capable of taking the initiative to organize his/her own work, create realistic goals, objectives and work plans to design and code the modules and tasks assigned in a timely manner
- A trustworthy individual who values the freedom of a primarily work at home remote-work environment, and accepts the personal responsibility and accountability associated with this style of working arrangement
- An eager, fast learner capable of coming up to speed on the broad range of technologies involved
- Experienced with UI design best practices for modern HTML5 interfaces, with a portfolio of proven user-interface design experience which clearly demonstrates this experience
- Experienced with Sencha Architect and/orSenchaExtJS (or equivalent Ajax/jQuery exp.)
- Experienced with PHP development in a Linux environment (CentOS/RHEL with Apache)
- Installing and configuring software and applications on Windows and Linux servers
- Experience with VMware ESXi is required
- Capable of producing high-quality code through self-disciplined testing of developed code before turnover to QA for final quality assurance
- Ability to work with customers and support team, to occasionally resolve technical issues within the customer environments where our software is deployed in the field.
Bachelor's Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
Specific Skills Required:
- User-interface design
- PHP development, running under Apache web server on Linux
- Ajax frameworks (SenchaExtJS 4.x preferred; jQuery/HTML5 may be acceptable)
- Linux command line experience required
- NFS, Samba CIFS and/or iSCSI
- Networking experience (VLANs, TCP/IP networking, Virtual IPs)
- Knowledge of network protocols and interfaces, esp. on Linux and VMware
- VMware ESXi 4.x or 5.x experience is required
- Sencha Architect experience is a big plus
- ZFS, GlusterFS are big pluses
- CentOS 6.x, RHEL 6.x, Other Linux
- Storage management experience using NAS appliances by Nexenta, NetApp®, EMC, Dell or other leading NAS/SAN storage vendors
- Communications protocol development
- Enterprise software experience
- High-availability / failover systems
- Clustered file systems and clustered database systems
- Knowledge of other virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, Amazon EC2, Rackspace Cloud, …)
About SoftNAS™ (www.softnas.com)
SoftNAS™ LLC is a storage software company for small to medium businesses and enterprises, data centers and cloud computing customers.
SoftNAS™ is the cloud storage OS℠. The SoftNAS cloud storage operating system is adaptable to any cloud computing environment or software configuration, whether true cloud platforms, such as Amazon EC2, or private clouds running VMware® or Microsoft® Hyper-V®. SoftNAS transforms a hypervisor environment into a full-featured network attached storage virtual appliance. To learn more, visit www.softnas.com
Skills: management, administration, design, apache, linux, json, nfs, vmware, amazon, qa, science