The Human Resources/Finance Director reports to the CEO and serves on the executive management team; and coordinates implementation of payroll, profit and loss, HR policies, hiring and training staff.
Human Resources Responsibilities
• Recruiting staff: this includes developing job descriptions, preparing advertisements, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates
• Employee orientation, development, and training logistics and record keeping
• Negotiating with staff and their representatives on issues relating to pay and conditions
• Compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping
• Performance management and improvement tracking systems
• Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system;
• Undertaking regular salary reviews;
• Listening to grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
• Planning and delivering training, including inductions for new staff;
• Administer payroll and maintaining records relating to staff: Biweekly distribution of payroll checks.
• Financials: Budgeting, cash flows & forecasting, cost analysis, retention, quarterly budget forecasts and all matters relating to Corporate Finance
• Bookkeeping: Reconciliations of bank account accounts, credit card deposits, refunds, credits, affiliate payments, etc.
• Reporting: Produce and review the monthly management accounts, Provide actual results on a monthly/quarterly and annual basis, Provide regular and relevant management information to board against budget and forecast, Identify cost saving opportunities
• Set-up and maintenance of company bank accounts, banking Gateways and banking relations
The Human Resources/Finance Director Requirements:
• Requires 3 to 5 years of HR/payroll experience and an associate degree or equivalent training and education.
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
• Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
• General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
These responsibilities are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to lead as the company Human Resources/ Finance Director.
Skills: finance, management, training, benefits, administration, analysis, coaching