Build an IRS tax audit estimator
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE JOB DESCRIPTION. YOU WILL NOT GET A RESPONSE TO ANY QUESTION ANSWERED IN THE DESCRIPTION.
I'm a professional programmer with too many ideas and not enough time! I would like to hire you to develop the idea detailed below. My time is precious so be aware up front:
* You should be able to complete a working, useful website with the information provided.
* You should be ready to iterate on your design and add new features based on my feedback.
* You should be able to explain the technical operation of the site and be ready to transfer complete ownership and control over to me when I decide the project is finished.
* If we work well together, you will be engaged for more than one month of work. Show me your best.
* Send me your portfolio or make sure it is linked to in your odesk.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: IRS TAX AUDIT ESTIMATOR
I'd like to build a simple web app that will calculate the chance that you will be audited on your income taxes. The method should be based on the findings of Dr Amir D Aczel as described in his book How To Beat The IRS at Its Own Game (http://www.amazon.com/Beat-I-R-S-G
The essential user flow should be:
1) Open the website via a web search for "irs tax audit" or similar key phrases.
2) Read a brief description of the benefit and methodology: "The IRS TAX AUDIT ESTIMATOR will calculate the probability that you will be audited by the IRS based on the model developed by statistician Amir D Aczel. According to the IRS itself, your chance of audit can vary between 0.5% and 20%".
3) Enter the information necessary for the calculations described here: http://cavqm.blogspot.com/2011/07/
4) Hit "estimate" button. See results on a new page. Results are presented as a set of green and red messages that say when each each critical number has been exceeded. For example, RED: "Schedule A (Itemized) deductions are more than 44% of your income.".
All user actions on the site should be logged with Google analytics.
The actual values entered for income and other variables should be stored as well, in Google Analytics, or a MySQL or Postgres database, or both.
The website must usable in a mobile web browser.
All code must be developed in a repo in my private account on Github that will be provided.
All frameworks used should be open source, well-documented and popular, such as Django.
Code should be well-organized, easy to read and generally maintainable.