CREATIVE RESPONSIVE & ADAPTIVE WEBSITE DESIGNER / FRONT END DEVELOPER ONLY APPLY!
* ONLY APPLY IF YOU'RE A FREELANCER OR A COMPANY THAT ONLY SPECIALIZES IN RESPONSIVE & ADAPTIVE WEBSITE DESIGN / FRONT END DEVELOPMENT *
* COPY & PASTE THE QUESTIONS AND ANSWER BELOW WHEN REPLYING *
Our multimedia company has just recently started using oDesk to work with contractors and are interested in finding a CREATIVE RESPONSIVE & ADAPTIVE WEBSITE DESIGNER / FRONT END DEVELOPER to work with on a long-term basis. We are looking to find someone that is professional and willing to work with us. This can be a very lucrative position for the right candidate. So, show us why we should hire you! IMPRESS US!
- Understands key server-side web development concepts through experiences such as:
- Creating visually appealing RESPONSIVE & ADAPTIVE web pages or interfaces
- Creating, editing or modifying templates for a CMS or web development framework.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Testing for compliance to specified standards such as accessibility standards in the clients region or domain.
- Conducting observational user testing, or reviewing designs against usability heuristics.
- SEO Optimization (On-Page & Structure)
DOMAIN SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / TRANSFERABLE SKILLS:
- Familiarity of HTML syntax for multiple specifications, including HTML 5.
- Knowledge of the semantic meaning of all HTML elements.
- Familiarity with the semantic markup for display of lists, tabular data, forms, articles, etc.
- Knowledge of markup used for layout such as dividers.
- Knowledge at the level to be able to hand-code markup.
- Including media and images.
- Familiarity with modifying Drupal Theme hooks to display data
- Understanding how to utilize PHP to filter, process and output html, json, xml
- Specifying different CSS for various media, devices and displays.
- Best practices in CSS file organization and structure.
- Methods for including CSS inline, internal and external via linked style sheets.
- How to define, combine and group CSS selectors for HTML elements, ID, classes, pseudo classes, child or sibling.
- Syntax of CSS declarations, properties and attributes.
- CSS box model and methods for CSS positioning, absolute and relative.
- Knowledge of properties and attributes to control the display.
- Familiarity with differences in CSS 2 and CSS 3.
- Methods to ensure browser & device compatibility
- Methods for degrading gracefully for older browsers and displays.
- Methods to ensure accessibility.
- Knowledge of the operators, variables, datatypes, objects, properties and methods.
- Familiarity with control structures such as objects, functions, conditional statements, arrays, loops and expressions.
- Forms and regular expression validation and submitting data.
- Knowledge of how to apply logical operators and conditional statements.
- Knowledge of the DOM HTML objects and their properties.
- Creating and controlling windows and dialogs.
- Processes for troubleshooting and debugging
- Familiarity with development and debugging tools for cross-browser issues.
- Knowledge of how to employ the jQuery library for visual effects, event handling, and document manipulation.
- content writing and graphics creation or knows someone they can sub-contract to do this (PLEASE INDICATE)
- experience working with an AD agency
- has won awards for website design
- portfolio must show DIVERSITY and the RANGE of the designer
From your portfolio, show us at least 5 different examples of your MOST CREATIVE RESPONSIVE / ADAPTIVE WEBSITES and include the following:
- THESE MUST BE UNIQUE COMPARED TO THE TYPICAL WEBSITES YOU SEE EVERY DAY
1) Project Description - Briefly describe HOW you created the website
2) LINK to the website
3) COST to design the website
4) TIME it took to complete and deliver the site
- How long have you been in business?
- Can I speak to your previous clients for a reference?
- What is your PRODUCTION PROCESS and how do you normally deal with your clients from CONCEPT to DELIVERY? (if you have a PDF, PowerPoint, video, etc… about your work processes, please include)
- Do you have a Rate Sheet you can send us for your different Website Design / Front End Development services? What cost-effective solution do you recommend for small businesses?
- Are you open to Fixed Rates? Are they negotiable? Our clients typically send us a fixed budget to work with and deadlines.
- What payment structure do you offer? Is this negotiable?
- Do you provide unlimited revisions?
* YOU MUST PROVIDE ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED AND MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS ABOVE, OTHERWISE YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IMMEDIATELY. *
Skills: design, interpreting, on-page, json, troubleshooting, debugging, graphics, pdf, video, dom