Dedicated position (contract) to work with our Oil and Gas clients in the USA and the Middle East (Oman, Qatar, Kuwait and Abu Dhabi). You will be working to deliver projects at client’s sites. This position will involve travel to client’s offices.
Ideally targeting candidates with 5+ years of Business Analyst experience, this opportunity provides an excellent chance to be exposed to major E&P companies.
Job will change with assigned projects, some of the tasks to be expected are:
• Work with engineers to document their work flow and data flow.
• Conduct site assessment to understand existing workflows and data flows (interviews, workshops...etc)
• Construct detailed process and data flow maps, complete with reports and process descriptions.
• Offer innovative process improvements based on clients’ needs and requirements
• Analyze IT systems (engineering and data management systems) to understand existing issues and recommend improvements
• Lead cross-functional teams in change process as well as drive change across several different functional groups
• Write and produce technical reports about the process improvement project
• Prepare status reports and conduct status meetings with clients and with Certis
• Write detailed procedure documents
• Manage projects using project management principles
Candidates must possess the following:
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or computer science
• Trained in and with experience to deliver process excellence projects (training in Six sigma, lean six sigma and/or other process improvement techniques )
• 5+ years of experience. Oil and Gas experience is a big plus
• Problem analysis and solving skills
• Ability to offer viable solutions to improve processes
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong work and business ethics
• Able to manage and run projects independently without supervision
• Service oriented towards clients and colleagues
• Interested and be able to focus on detailed process maps and documentation
• Excellent writing skills for technical and systems specifications reports
• Work well in a team environments
Software and Data Management Skills
• Excellent skills in using MS Visio for process modeling and Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access)
• IT and IM background is: Understand relational databases and data management principles
• Ability to learn new software and technology (experience in any oil and gas engineering or G&G software is a plus)
Skills: engineering, management, analysis