Candidate for the Ebook Editor / Print Editor Position must be:
- Highly experienced in doing eBook editing / editing jobs in the past.
- Exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of supporting a rapidly growing Company with diverse people and programs.
- Charismatic and has the ability to interact with staff at all levels.
- Able to sustain professionalism, flexibility, proactiveness, resourcefulness and efficiency under pressure without sacrificing results.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills.
- Experienced working with PC and MAC computer environments.
- 3-5 years experience doing eBook editing / editing jobs.
- Have an educational background in any/all of these areas of expertise:
o Creative Writing
o Literature and Composition
o Business Administration
o Desktop Publishing
o Information Technology
o Graphic Design
- Experienced in successfully creating and/or modifying editing processes and procedures.
- Exceptional time management skills
- Can work independently or with minimal supervision
- Time conscious. Has the ability to meet deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, rewrite and edit eBook / print copy to improve readability, or supervisor others who do this work.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Allocate print space for story text, photos and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance using knowledge of layout principles.
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Verify facts, dates and statistics using standard reference sources.
- Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting and/or printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Confer with management and editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing new stories.
- Assign topics, events and stories to individual writers or reports for coverage.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication.
- Monitor news-gathering operations to ensure utilization of all news sources, such as press releases, telephone contacts, radio, television, wire services and other reporters.
- Meet frequently with artists, typesetters, layout personnel, marketing directors and production managers to discuss projects and resolve problems.
- Make manuscript acceptance or revision recommendations to the publisher.
- Interview writers.
- Arrange for copyright permissions.
- Read material to determine index items and arrange them alphabetically or topically, indicating page or chapter location.
In your application please attach your most updated resume.
Skills: english, journalism, administration, design, management, marketing, ebooks, communication-skills, writing