I have a relatively simple Java project prototype (proof of concept) which I need someone to complete.
I have a Chrome Browser Extension that listens for a certain event, then opens a socket to local Backend Deamon (Java on Desktop) that downloads a file, opens it locally, watches the file (WatchService), and uploads it back to the web server when the file has changed.
What I need:
- Bundle this application (plus browser extension) into a universal Installer that works for Windows and Mac. Bundles JRE with it. Use installers such as Install4J or Jwrapper or similar.
- Develop light/thin Firefox and IE plugin (or I can outsource this to someone else). These needs to be bundled with install.
- Look at browser plugin auto updating.
- Deal with Auto Update feature.
- Handle Online/offline detection
- Proxy Handling
- File cleanup
- Tool into local OS notification to let user know when file is updated "in the cloud"
- Auto update for project when installed.
You will work with:
- Existing proof of concept Java project
- Existing basic chrome extension
- handle all server side interaction (Java project makes some REST based calls to web service)
- someone I can work with directly.
- solid english PHONE communications skills (skype, etc…)
- flexible arrangement (fixed or hourly is ok)