Experienced DBA Needed for DB Assistance
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are building a system that produces a large amount of data which is placed into a MySQL database.
Currently this is being handled by our lead developer who is not particularly experienced with databases.
What we require is:
- Investigation into the large number errors (warnings) that are being produced.
- Help with data degradation.
- Help with replication for backups.
- Advice on the type of statements we can and can't use once we have replication in place.
- Optimisation of triggers and some triggers being added.
- Table optimisation.
- Query optimisation.
- Other various questions to be answered.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and have 5 years experience OR demonstrable experience to the equivalent of a degree (no less than 12 years experience). Experience in MySQL is not a necessity but would be much preferred to experience in the other major relational databases.
We expect this work to take up to 20 hours.