Associated Third Party Administrators (ATPA) specializes in the administration of employee benefit plans and is the ideal organization for talented individuals. ATPA is one of the largest and best independent Taft-Hartley Third Party Administrators with representation nationwide. ATPA provides a complete array of administrative services to numerous Labor and Management Trusts as well as Public Employee and Employer benefit plans all within the vision of “Providing advocacy and solutions beyond the expectations of the people we serve”. ATPA is a fast paced organization seeking candidates who provide excellent customer service and are capable of multi tasking and resolving challenges. If you believe your experience and skills match the requirements of this job listed below and you would like the opportunity to work in the benefit field, we invite you to submit your resume, cover letter and salary history for consideration to email@example.com.
Associated Third Party Administrators is looking for a technically skilled Senior Java Developer. Reporting directly to the Vice President of IT, this position would wholly evaluate and re-factor an existing Java web application on an enterprise scale. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to reconfigure existing products and offer advanced solutions. This position works closely with the Chief Information Officer and Vice President of IT to develop industry leading software in a company poised for growth. The ideal candidate strives to exceed client expectations by offering solutions, performance, integrity, and accountability.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field.
• Minimum 10 years experience in a Java development environment.
• Strong fundamental skills including programming, concurrency, debugging, interfaces, and packaging applications, as well as a strong understanding of software design patterns.
• Strong skills working with Structured Query Language (SQL).
• Strong Java/J2EE framework development skills.
• Passion, leadership, and mastery necessary for a complete re-factoring of an existing Java web application.
• Strong understanding of programming within large scale enterprise architecture.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
• Strong skills in JBOSS application servers, as well as with Eclipse, Hibernate ORM tool, and Jasper reporting.
• Strives to surpass expectations and goes above and beyond base job responsibilities.
• Ability to work well independently and collaborate with teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills both on the phone and in person. Ability to positively and professionally manage challenging situations.
• Ability to function calmly in a fast paced environment handling multiple priorities simultaneously with high level of detail orientation and accuracy.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly and effectively express oneself through verbal and written means in the English language; to properly use such technical factors as grammar, punctuation, vocabulary, and correct spelling. Ability to prepare business letters, memoranda, and reports.
• To be able to demonstrate an understanding, and the regular use, of a time management process; to work in an organized way; to work efficiently and effectively.
• To be able to meet deadlines and deal with situations of a dynamic nature; to be able to modify plans, actions, and decisions in light of changing situations and circumstances.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 15 pounds.
Resume is required.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Senior Java Developer” in the subject line, the applicant’s name, email address and telephone number. Successful applicants must have personal and employment records that would allow coverage under ATPA’s fiduciary liability and fidelity bonding policies.