Creative iOS Developers - Mid to Senior Level for Long-term Projects
Update 18 Feb 2013: Job posting is still active, things are just taking a little longer than expected to progress.
Please note: before you read any further - we are looking for people with a proven track record and demonstrable skills, you will have to provide evidence to back up your job application. We will be testing and trying out candidates that qualify, with smaller (paid) tasks, before hiring for the larger project(s).
Job Brief / Overview:
We are looking for creative, skilled, professional iOS developers (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad) to join our team of highly-skilled professionals, working on creative, challenging and exciting mobile app projects for clients from around the World.
Working with our Project Management and Design teams, you will be collaborating with other iOS Developers, delivering mobile app projects, which push the boundaries of what is possible on the iOS platform. We design creative, professional interfaces that take real developers, with high skill-level and a flair for design, to implement… sometimes these apps are a really difficult to code, so be prepared for a challenge!
You will have a minimum of 2-3 years (preferably more) iOS development experience in a commercial / freelance environment, having delivered a number of successful projects for clients. You will be able to show us some of the works that you have completed (images, PDF, app store listings etc.) and we expect to be able to install some of your apps to try them out.
Communication is very important – our team is comprised of native English speaking persons from the USA and UK; we also have an extended team in Thailand who use English for all communications. You will command a high-level of English both spoken and written; successful candidates will be comfortable discussing projects in Skype meetings, via email and online project management systems (JIRA, Asana).
- Design and build advanced mobile apps for the iOS platform (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, develop and deploy new / improved features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, performance and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving app performance, following issue / task tracking systems.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High command / skill-level for both verbal and written English.
- A demonstrable record showing the successful delivery of software apps for the iOS platform (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or commercial / business experience to match.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience of developing mobile apps for the iOS platform (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad).
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working through the design, development and release cycle for delivering software projects / products to market.
- Have successfully published one or more iOS apps in the Apple app store.
- Strong Xcode, Objective-C and Cocoa Touch skills.
- Experience of working with the very latest iOS SDK, i.e. iOS7.
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text.
- Experience of implementing in-app purchasing and subscriptions via Apple APIs.
- Experience of working as a Client with RESTful and SOAP Web Services (JSON and XML) and APIs.
- Experience with third-party libraries / SDKs.
- Experience starting projects from scratch or joining an existing architecture / project.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience of working in a distributed, collaborative team environment.
- Outstanding personal management, project management, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices.
- Experience of working with source-control systems (SVN, Git).
Additional Skills – Bonus Points:
- Android app development experience.
- Social Media Integration (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Database design and programming.
- Able to handle pressure, working directly for the company Directors, also with other senior management.
- Confident, but approachable individual, with good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, action-and-results oriented, able to work well as a team player or on under own supervision.
- Well organized, with good communication, office and reporting skills.