You are a software engineer who can write server-side code for web-based applications, for both internal and external use. You are comfortable and enjoy working on the full development stack - both backend and frontend. You are also a well-rounded developer who knows how to create robust high-volume production applications, and can develop prototypes quickly. You are an active developer and are able to display a portfolio of your work to date. You are able to pick up new technologies and learn documentation quickly.
- Design, implement and launch highly-visible, user-facing features.
- Design, develop, and enhance infrastructure primarily using Python and Django as an object-oriented language to build a platform that manages operational business flows.
- Design, development, and support of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) with standard and proprietary formats.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience)
- 2 years of relevant work experience, including 1 year industry experience.
- Fluent knowledge of Linux or other *nix systems
- DevOps experience, including server management and process and planning of releasing code updates.
- Experience programming in Python and Django web application framework on significant projects, developed by you and in a team.
- Experience with Git
- Experience with building APIs and web services.
- High-speed internet connection to be able to conduct online audio and video meetings.
- English fluency is paramount. Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to create strong working relationship with cross-functional teams.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience developing/designing large software systems and code bases, full-stack.
- Experience with designing, developing, and maintaining Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) systems.
The work is challenging, creative, fast paced and intellectually stimulating. Write the words 'ready-to-code' in your reply so that we know you definitely read this description in its entirety.
Other open jobs by this client
- Hourly – Excel Data Entry
- Hourly – Operations Analyst -Customer Service Representative