MULTIPLE OPENINGS are available for this position with our direct client, a multinational retail giant where team dynamic is extraordinary and opportunities for advancement abound. It is an iconic American institution that takes pride in its long-standing history and culture of quality and expects that the candidates also bring to the table a track record of achievement—beginning with a foundation of merit in education at a “leading” academic institution, combined with “extraordinary” aptitude, “outstanding” technical skills, and “team player” mindset. If your educational, professional, and personal profile has the desired characteristics, we would welcome an opportunity to evaluate your credentials for this highly satisfying and rewarding opportunity.
You are invited to be part of an organization that earned the distinction of being
*Top 20 Best Places to Work
*2011 Mobile Retailer of the Year
*Recipient of the 2012 Corporate Commitment Award
Positions are in Pune, India and Hoffman Estates (Chicago area), Illinois
The ideal backend developer candidate must have a passion for mobile development. The incumbent will work on developing location based services and E-commerce services platforms for the mobile web. Responsibilities will include all aspects of software development from design to coding and testing.
Minimal qualifications include:
* 2-7 years of software development experience
* Hands on web services and APIs development experience in a professional setting
* Experience with SQL databases with data extractions
* Experience with source code control/configuration management tools
* A passion for mobile technologies
* Hands on experience with Agile Methodology
* Working knowledge of Web Service frameworks
Additional qualifications include:
* Experience with developing location and mapping application and services
* Experience with eCommerce and mCommerce
* Strong Java programming skills, as well as Spring and Hibernate experience
* Experience with SQL databases
* Knowledge of RESTful web services
* Working knowledge of JSP, web services/APIs, XML, JSON, and AJAX.
* Experience in any of SOA, ROA, BigData, SQL, NoSQL, OpenSource development.
* Experience with IBM Websphere Commerce Server (WCS)
* We value education; therefore a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from a top university OR Masters degree is highly desired.
* The team working on this project is in Pune, Maharashtra, India AND Chicago Area, Illinois, USA.
INDIA CANDIDATES: Although working remotely is acceptable, the candidate will be expected to go to our Pune office a few days a week or 1 week per month. Therefore, Pune candidates or from that neighborhood will be "ideally suited."
USA CANDIDATES: Work will be performed at Hoffman Estate, IL (Chicago area). Candidates should be local OR willing to relocate.
*Examples of work: An impressive portfolio of the individual (of your own work) or examples of web application/service that you developed will be a big plus
*Strong profile and recommendations on oDesk
*Payment for the work will be hourly basis and will be routed through the oDesk portal.
Skills: design, management, agile, servlets, json, science