Web programmer (C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server)
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
My consulting company is looking for a web programmer (backend and frontend) with a focus in C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server. Additional technologies used include the Entity Framework, Web API, and ServiceStack. You may be tasked to work on multiple projects in parallel, and the majority of the work will be feature development for existing websites. Occasionally, you may be tasked to build a new website from scratch. The work will be interesting, fun, and rewarding.
Your work hours are flexible, though there will be two required daily (monday-friday) meetings at around 11 AM and 11 PM California time. This position will start at 20 hours per week as a 1-month trial period. If the work relationship is good, it will transition into a 40-hours per week job.
We have significant experience with Odesk and currently work with an international team (strength in Latin America). We have standard engineering guidelines that all of our developers follow.
- You must have built your own database-driven web applications from scratch.
- You must speak English (self rated 4/5)
- You must be able to meet on skype twice each day, as mentioned above
- You must be able to work at least 20 hours per week, and then transition into 40 hours per week after a month
1. Write us a paragraph introducing yourself, including which programming languages you are familiar with. We will quiz you on randomly selected languages during the interview. If you have a linkedin, github, or stackoverflow account, link to it.
2. Confirm that you are able to make morning and evening meetings each day.
3. Attach TWO samples of code that you have personally written. One sample with frontend, one sample with backend.
4. Optionally, attach one sample of code for a C# page that has a single textbox and a button. When the button is pressed, the page will display the numbers x through 100, where x is the number value from the textbox.
Serious candidates will be interviewed by skype, followed by a 4-hour coding test. You will be paid $40 for the coding test.