At Comcate, we believe in empowering public agencies. We are the leading provider of citizen and staff solutions for State & Local government agencies across the United States.
We offer solutions in CRM, Code Enforcement, Permitting, Inspections, Work Order Management, and Mobile. Over 20,000 public agency professionals use our products every day.
We are looking for a UI/UX designer to help create engaging user experiences by designing pixel perfect mockups and transforming them into IE and HTML5-compatible pages that can be handed off to engineering. We are looking for someone who is able to start immediately and be able to work a minimum of 10 hours a week up to 20+ for 6+ months if we find the right candidate. The initial project will be a very basic UI cleanup effort we expect to take only a few hours. Projects going forward will include mobile app development and a new product roll out.
UX designer Responsibilities
- Work with Product Management to take high level ideas and/or wireframes and transform them into beautiful, engaging, intuitive, and functional user experiences on both web and mobile devices.
- Recommend solutions to breakdowns in user experiences that should be addressed
- 4+ years experience taking high level ideas and/or wireframes and transforming them into beautiful, engaging, intuitive, and functional products.
- Accomplished in producing deliverables that increase engagement, utilization, conversion, and other related goals on-time and on budget
- Ability to time estimate work based on high level ideas or wireframes
- Ability to work with us in a long term capacity (at least 10 hrs / week for the next 6+ months)
- Mobile app design experience - both Android and iOS
- At least 4 out of 5 in english writing skills as assessed by 3rd-party
- Ability to deliver on a tight deadline
- Must be able to start at minimum of 10hrs/week by 1/28.
- Wireframing / IA / rapid prototyping experience with Axure, Balsamiq, or similar
- Experience working with LAMP stack (PHP, MySQL)
- Located in North, Central, or South America for overlapping work schedules
- Experience writing style guide documentation
- Ability to optimize designs based on A/B testing data and usability testing to achieve engagement, utilization, conversion and other business goals
- Experience working with government agencies
- Experience designing for customer relationship management (CRM) and/or content management systems (CMS)
Skills: prototyping, english, design