Field test a mobile-web GPS navigation application
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
QA Expert for testing Mobile Web-Application for navigation.
Testing would only take place in the USA or in Spain, by an English speaker.
Your mobile phone should be Android 2.4+, with support for HTML5, and with Firefox web browser installed.
We require simple field testing of a new GPS navigation application.
We will provide the link to the application (does not require installation. only web browsing).
At least 2 Hours car-driving testing are required.
Your job is to:
1) Use the application for navigating in the city and outside: half the time outside the city and the second half inside the city roads.
2) Videos / photos of the test
3) Detailed Reports according to a check list we would provide.
4). Use the application to search for different destinations.
The QA report will contain:
1. A list of routes you took (origin and destinations).
2. Addresses or places that you've searched for and the app did not find or found wrong
3. Routes that did not make sense to you (describe where were you, where were you heading to and what did the app tell you to do that did not make sense (e.g. Restricted road, unreasonable exit and return to the same road, long route while you know there's a shorter route etc.)
4. User interface issues that you found buggy or just not as convenient as you think it should be.
5. Bugs, crashes, slowness, or other issues that may happen.
6. Any other issue/suggestion that you feel like sharing with us in regards to the app functionality, looks, usefulness, appeal, performance etc.
7. Screenshots of issues that you find in our app.
Important notes and requirements:
1. Before taking this job, make sure you are able to run the application on your phone, and get a route when you have GPS reception. Otherwise you will not be able to run any test. the url to the application is: http://www.evernav.com/webapp
2. You CANNOT be the driver while testing the app - Someone else should drive while you do the tests. Don't risk your life!
3. The driver should follow the rules in your country, whatever the app is guiding you is considered untested and in beta stage. Always do the lawful thing if it conflicts with what the app is saying.
4. You MUST have previous experience with GPS navigation apps as a user (no development skills are required).
5. You must have a charger for your phone in the car, otherwise your phone battery will be empty before you're done with the tests.
6. Your Gas and any other related expenses are included in the total budget of this project. There will not be any additional payment for this.
7. We will log system events, search queries, location information and other data within the app for our development and QA purposes only. Make sure you are OK with that.