Premium BuddyPress plugin - Google Maps extension
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
I'm currently building a free plugin called 'Buddysearch'. It's a plugin for BuddyPress which allows the user to create a custom profile search form for the Member Directory page.
This project is a premium extension for BuddySearch. It adds a Google map to the Member Directory page which displays the geographical location of all members that are fetched by the BuddySearch.
Rather than building the extension from the ground up, you'll use an existing Google map plugin and modify it.
Before hiring a developer you will be asked to perform a small test. It’s a small coding task that will gauge your competency.
Estimated at: 2 - 2.5 months.
- Must be compatible with Wordpress 3.5.x and Buddypress 1.7.x
- make use of Wordpress and Buddypress API
- Should not modify core files or theme files
- Minimal resource usage
- Compatible with browsers: IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox
- Well documented code
- Keep the function names standard to WP and BP
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
I'm looking for developers with the following skills:
- Extensive experience with Wordpress and Buddypress
- Good in modifying and troubleshooting plugins
- Good in designing a clean and beautiful UI
- Comes with creative ideas/solutions to improve product
- Available min. 25 hr per week
-Work on own test server
-Write and plan of action ( dB design, flowchart etc)
-Frequently update me on progress
-Place comments within the code
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
1. If you don't have any experience with Wordpress/Buddypress and are not familiar with WP/BP API's don't bother reacting.
2. If you have no intention of doing the test, please don't bother to apply for this opening. The test it mandatory, irrespective of your track record.
3. A portfolio is a MUST; either on Odesk or other sites. Provide me with some plugins that you recently developed that I can demo. (I'm looking for original work). I'm not interested in theme or graphic projects, just wordpress plugin projects.
4. Im looking for a wordpress/buddypress programmer. I’m not interested in a theme/graphic designer. If you are a combination of both, great! But you need to be programmer first and designer second.
5. Keep your application letter short and to the point.
a. State who you are.
b. What your experience is with Wordpress and Buddypress.
c. Show some material that I can demo.
d. Explain why you think you are a good fit for this project.
FAILING TO FOLLOW THE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE WILL AUTOMATICALLY GET YOU REJECTED.