Transportation Research and Data Entry - multiple positions open
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
Please read carefully. All applications will be declined for those that don't provide the opening keyword mentioned below, as well as to those who don't answer the test questions.
Suitable for agencies or independents.
This job requires someone with good geography skills and an enjoyment of backpacker-type travel, to collect data through web research from sources we supply.
More specifically, this list:
1. Very good geography skills
2. Excellent Spelling Test results
3. A quota of 10 entries per hour
4. good logical reasoning relative to geography,
5. metrical conversion skills,
6. good memory and awareness to avoid duplication and contradiction between large amounts of data, and
7. the ability to be a great detective because instructions and data may be hiding, and you have to be good at hunting for things that may be not immediately apparent.
The primary TOOL for the data collector will be EXCEL and the INTERNET. So this person really needs to be an expert with Excel and have a fast internet connection.
To ensure you have read this entire description, start your cover letter or reply with the word "EXPLORE", and then take the short test of 5 questions below and paste them into your cover letter.
1. What method do you employ in Excel to repeat information previously entered?
2. If you are going in a bus to a place named, for example, "Santa Maria", but there are seven places named Santa Maria in the same country, how would you use a map or other tools to guess which Santa Maria is probably the correct one?
3. What tools do you use to determine latitude and longitude?
4. When you are stuck doing web research or data entry, and someone is not available to answer questions, what do you do?
5. What is the difference between El Empalme and El Empalme, both are places in Ecuador. Just tell me something brief that captures how each is uniquely different from the other.
HOW WE WORK:
The work is on an on-call basis, meaning if we add you to the staff for this work, we will need your Skype address.
When work is available, we query all the staff researchers on Skype and give the work item to the first one who responds and can finish within a stated deadline.
If you finish the task both before the deadline and with quality, we give you highest preference for the next work item.
At the end of any work item, you are free to let us know if you want to continue with the contract or if you wish to end the contract and receive a rating. If you wish to end the contract, you can re-apply to the job later, but you of course will have to take the tests all over again too and be subject to competitive candidates.
Skills: research, test