This position requires travel to the job site on occasions. So, the candidate must live in the U.S.
Web application developer
Seeking experienced web application developer, with ability to help bring to life a full web solution from a combination of software specifications, architectural diagrams, and mockups. Qualified candidates will be able to work independently, and communicate effectively with other remote project stakeholders and participants. Will be expected to delivery technology with an emphasis on parallel implementation
of unit tests to validate software specifications, and provide for future regression test automation. Should
also have proven experience in troubleshooting and defect resolution for post-production solutions.
Implementation of standard security controls and
- 5-7 years web development, with recent experience in one or more scaffolding-based web development frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Grails, Play, etc.)
- 3+ years experience with MVC-type develop paradigms
- 3+ years experience with Object-relational mapping and proven ability to implement scalable SQL
- Proven experience in implementation of complex style sheets (CSS) to match functional UI to mockups/style guides
- Proven practitioner of software development best practices, including iterative delivery estimation, use of source control (Subversion, git, or other), and working with defect tracking databases (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Experience in using automated UI test automation tools, such as Selenium
- 2+ years of experience in continuous deployment/test paradigms and the use of cloud-based hosting
environments for rapid deploy/test (with EngineYard, Heroku, or similar)
A successful candidate is expected be able to able to evaluate and defend specific web framework and
library/component choices, as well as provide pointers to live examples of their past work.
Skills: test, troubleshooting