Administer servers for a small but growing web development/hosting company
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
We are a small business providing web development, web hosting, and online store hosting using 2 Ubuntu Linux VPSes. We need someone to take over the server maintenance and configuration.
Tasks could include:
- Set up process to back up mysql databases
- Set up process to back up website code and files
- Develop an automated process for deploying new instances of OpenCart
- Develop an automated process for deploying new instances of Wordpress
- Set up server and service monitoring
- Manage user access to servers
- Set up a process for separate development, staging, and production
- Manage git repositories
- Replace manual package installation and configuration with ansible
- Apache/mysql performance tuning
The right applicant can provide references from other clients where he/she is doing similar work. Good communication in English essential. Able to provide suggestions about the best ways to accomplish what we need.