Script Developer for Processing SeatGeek API Data into MongoDB.
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Hello. We're in need of a nightly import script that downloads new data from the SeatGeek API into a MongoDB database. We'd prefer the script to be done in Ruby to match our main language.
The script would preferably be written in Ruby and would handle:
- Downloading the SeatGeek venues into a 'venue' collection, importing new venues and updating pre-existing ones.
- Downloading SeatGeek sporting events daily (entries containing a sports taxonomy) into an 'event' collection and updating pre-existing events.
- Downoading SeatGeek performer information that pertain to the sporting events into a 'team' collection.
- Error handling and logging
- Email notifications on successful imports and/or error log information.
- The ability to be ran as a full import or as a nightly delta import.
I am looking for a contractor that has the following skills:
1. Import script development experience with Ruby involving deltas (partial data downloads), logging, and email notifications.
2. MongoDB experience
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter that highlights:
1. Your import script experience, especially that which matches the job description
2. Your estimate for the amount of hours you think this project will take
3. Your speed in turning around work for review
4. Any additional questions you may have about this posting.
In addition, please describe how you approach challenges and whether you foresee any from this job.
About the company:
We are a product and business consulting company with a focus on location-based services.
Skills: import, sports