Legal Researcher/Adviser Needed for a New York Based Firm
I am the chief operating officer of a growing New York City-based company seeking a highly-educated, English-proficient legal adviser to consult with on an as-needed basis.
We are looking for a dedicated expert who can grow with our company and potentially take on roles with greater responsibility such as a staff position in the near future.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in United States general business law as well as employment rules, regulations and preferably tax laws. Attorneys licensed to practice within the State of New York will receive preference.
1. Research and site context pertaining to particular business aspects as directed.
2. Be available to consult/inform and advise upper management of any legal circumstances and ramifications that may arise regarding customers, tax implications, corporation structure and any other internal or external company matters (corporate counsel)
3. Write and/or edit new or existing company contracts and disclosures.
1. High-level English proficiency
2. Must be highly organized, detail oriented, communicative
2. Previous experience a must
3. Ability to work in a distraction-free zone without background noise
4. High-speed internet must be available in your workplace
5. Reliable, competent, trustworthy
6. Able to be reached at all times by e-mail or mobile phone
7. Must pass a background screening. No felonies or misdemeanors.
How to apply:
To apply, please respond with a cover letter that includes the following:
1. Your legal experience and education
2. Your daily availability for work (i.e. 9AM to 5PM EST)
3. You need to have a fast internet connection. In your application, attach a screenshot from Speedtest.net displaying your internet speed.
4. You must be able to prove you are at least 18 years of age or older and attach proof of a clear, legible government issued photo-ID. Acceptable forms of ID include but are not limited to driver’s license and passport.
5. You need to mention the term "legal beagle" in your application.
6. All applications accepted but New York, USA will receive preference.
I look forward to hearing from you.