* Execute each step of the user interface design process, from discovery and concepts to final design specs and deliverables (pixel-level layouts, bitmap resources, etc.).
* Create print documentation of user interface concepts and designs using standard Adobe graphics applications.
* Work closely with Product Management to develop user interface designs that meet or exceed market needs and business objectives.
* Work closely with Engineering to create UI designs that not only push the boundaries of UI design but which can be implemented on schedule and with given resources.
* Demonstrate the value of user-centered design to the broaden our organization.
* Knowledge of user interface/human factors/user-centered design principles and user testing methodologies.
* Familiarity with standard software development stages and processes.
* Strong communication skills.
* Sophisticated design, layout, and typographic skills.
* A high-degree of proficiency with Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator. Familiarity with web prototyping/design tools is plus but not a requirement.
* Training in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial
Design, or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
* 2+ years of direct UI design experience, ideally for mobile handsets.
* Ability to identify and manage outside resources, including visual design and usability testing agencies.
Skills: design, prototyping