We are looking for engineers/developers with extensive coding and architectural experience in all things Amazon Web Services: S3, EC2, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, SQS, etc. You are expected to help us to maintain our systems or code in Python (we may consider other languages) using the AWS APIs. Also, make recommendations on systems and technologies, as well as training our team on certain topics. You have to be prepared to quickly build prototypes and proof of concepts on AWS, connecting multiple systems, technologies and data sources.
- Good English skills
- Can communicate with project manager on Skype text chat during Australian Business Hours (9am – 5pm AEST – Sydney Timezone). This condition can be relaxed later on
- Extensive experience using the AWS APIs
- If needed for coding, experience in Python (must be able to write clear, commented, well-structured PEP8 compliant code
- Experience with AWS Elastic Map Reduce a must
- Must be detail oriented – no sloppy or lazy coding styles
- Extensive AWS stack/technologies knowledge (S3, VPC, EC2, AWS API, etc)
- Networking/Linux knowledge desirable (queues, named pipes, etc)
We are a Big Data/Marketing company based in Sydney, Australia. We develop tools that help us analyse copious amounts of marketing data for blue chip companies. We use Amazon Web Services (AWS) extensively. Our projects are generally (so far) developed in Go, Python and Bash. Others: PostgreSQL, Linux, ZeroMQ. We are currently looking to expand our development team by adding freelance developers throughout the world.
Please include as much details on your GO/Python/Linux/AWS experience as possible.
NOTE: We will not respond to any phone calls about this job or work with any company outside of the oDesk system.
PLEASE ALSO SUBMIT YOUR CV ON THE BELOW JOJARI JOB TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES.
Skills: amazon, linux, unix, shell-scripting