PCB antenna simulation
Closed - This job posting has been filled.
We are looking for a contractor to help us with simulations for a PCB antenna. HANDS ON EXPERIENCE WITH IE3D IS A MUST. The work includes the following steps:
1. Antenna simulation for free space (Base Design) -- simulate the return loss and radiation pattern and prove that the simulation is consistent with the reference design. DELIVERABLE 1: Charts, graphs, etc showing that the simulation for the Basic Design is consistent with the reference design from the manufacturer and provide the IE3D file. PAYMENT 1: 15% of total project.
2. Modify the Base Design per our specification and report back the return loss and the radiation pattern. DELIVERABLE 2: Charts, graphs, etc clearly showing the deviation from the Basic Design and the IE3D file: PAYMENT 2: 20% of total project.
3. Put an enclosure (with an opening) on the antenna and (a) tell us which side of the PCB the antenna will have to be place for best performance and (b) provide simulations for the return loss and the radiation pattern. DELIVERABLE 3: Charts, graphs, etc for (a) & (b) separately as well as the IE3D files. PAYMENT 3: 40% of project.
4. Fill the enclosure with a potting material and again provide information of the return loss and radiation pattern. DELIVERABLE 4: Charts, graphs, etc same as Deliverable 3 above but with dielectric filled enclosure as well as the IE3D file. PAYMENT 3: 20% of project.
5. Suggestion and proposal as to how the performance can be improved with the enclosure and the potting material. DELIVERABLE: a half paragraph write-up. PAYMENT 5: 5% of total project.
We will provide the frequency, the antenna structure. All dimensions and all the material properties and dielectric constants. Excellent communication skills and the willingness to communicate intermediate results is a MUST.
If in Step 1 above you cannot get an agreement with the datasheet/reference design that means something is seriously wrong and there is no point in continuing. Step 1 is of no value to us but that should serve as a "sanity check" for the following steps.
We prefer the candidate to hold a Ph.D. in Electronic Engineering with focus on microwaves and PCB antennas or a Masters with a minimum of 10 years experience in the same field.
The candidate must have a Skype account, a gmail account and be able to hold Skype conferences in English.