I need someone to complete the following:
HOW TO USE:
(see also the thread at xda-dev: http://forum.xda-developers.com/sh
1. You need to copy the whatsapp database.
On Android, either get this file:
(crypted database on SD card, can be created by starting backup from whatsapp advanced settings: settings - more - Backup Chats)
or these files:
(for this you need root access. detailed instructions in the bottom of this file. the advantage is that the corresponding contact names of phone numbers will be displayed.)
On IPhone, get this file:
(You can use an Iphone Backup Tool to get the file, e.g. I-Twin or Iphone Backup Extractor. Make sure to create an unencrypted backup with Itunes, as these tools can't handle encrypted backups. Another possibility are forensic tools like UFED Physical Analyzer.)
2. Extract this archive (Whatsapp_Xtract....zip) to a certain folder on your computer, e.g. C:\WhatsApp.
3. Copy the database(s) to e.g. C:\WhatsApp (on Android, you simply copy the whole folder WhatsApp on SD card to your computer e.g. to C:\WhatsApp and then copy the database file from C:\WhatsApp\Databases to C:\WhatsApp)
4. You need Python and (for Android msgstore.db.crypt decryption) the PyCrypto library
The easiest way is to install ActivePython (on Windows choose 32bit version even if you have 64bit windows):
and then run !install pyCrypto.bat (contained in this archive. The best is to rightclick on it and choose "run as administrator".)
5. Now run whatsapp_xtract_android.bat or whatsapp_xtract_android_crypted.bat or whatsapp_xtract_iphone.bat
OR simply drag and drop the database file(s) to whatsapp_xtract_drag'n'drop_databas
OR run whatsapp_xtract_console.bat and then manually specify the input file with one of these commands:
COMMAND LINE OPTIONS:
For Android DB:
python whatsapp_xtract.py msgstore.db -w wa.db
OR (if wa.db is unavailable)
python whatsapp_xtract.py msgstore.db
OR (for crypted db)
python whatsapp_xtract.py msgstore.db.crypt
For iPhone DB: (-w option is ignored)
python whatsapp_xtract.py ChatStorage.sqlite
Once finished, your browser will open and show the chats.
The resulting file size of the .html file will be slightly bigger than the size of the .db database.