A personal PR firm is seeking skilled, detailed editors experienced in editing web copy. This is a remote contract position with flexible hours but that requires a commitment of 20-30 hours per week. We utilize our team of editors on an ongoing basis so this is not a one-time project. For this particular assignment, we will set the contract as two weeks. If the work is successful, we will extend the contract.
As an editor, you will edit original content for professional biographies and topical articles. Client base includes executives, professionals, and businesses.
The ideal candidate will edit content to achieve the following content standards: solid organization and good flow, clear language and word choice, professional tone, appropriate length, and correct spelling, punctuation, and syntax. Candidates should have prior editing experience and possess a proficiency in The Chicago Manual of Style. In addition, candidates should be comfortable learning how to work within a web-based content management system.
- You will use your keen editing skills to edit biographies and articles. You will ensure quality every step of the way including but not limited to catching minute grammatical mistakes. The typical format of a biography is 150 words about a specific person or business. The typical format of an article is 150 words about a topic closely related to a specific person or business.
- Source data will be provided, so you will be required to lightly fact check each person or business when editing a biography against the source data provided. Light fact checking is required for articles as writers provide the source links.
- We follow the Chicago Manual of Style. Any deviations from CMS will be detailed for you.
- You will be paid $15.00 per hour (net pay after oDesk fees) with the expectation that you edit 3-4 content pieces per hour.
- Experience editing professionally is preferred, but we will also consider current or recently graduated college students.
- You can be based anywhere in the world, but you must have a good command of the English language.
- Willingness to submit an email address and be added to our common platform for communication purposes.
- Agency contractors will not be considered at this time.
1) Please ensure that you have completed the Education and Employment History sections on the Resume tab of your oDesk contractor profile.
2) Take the U.S. English Chicago Style Editing Skills Test (For Writing Professionals) on oDesk.
3) With your cover letter, please include responses to the following questions:
a) What is your native language?
b) In what additional languages (if any) are you fluent?
Skills: management, english
Other open jobs by this client
- Fixed-Price – High Quality Biographical writers needed ASAP
- Fixed-Price – High Quality Cantonese writers/translators/proofreaders needed ASAP
- Fixed-Price – High Quality Content Writers Needed ASAP (High Profile Clients)