C# developer for windows networking app
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Need a C# developer to develop a windows 7 native app that interacts with a web service (built on top of Rails) does the following
0. prompt user for user id/pwd and then logs in to remote web service using server JSON API (basic auth type of thing)
1. search in local PC folders for certain type of files, record metadata of all the files found in a local sqlite DB (name, location, date etc), and then sends matadata to server using JSON API
2. the app runs in the background (controllable in the windows task bar) and monitor the same folders for changes and updates the sqlite DB accordingly, and update to server accordingly
3. use WCF to expose a service end point on the PC so that it can listen to request from server and upon server's request, it uploads certain type of files to remote file server (Amazon S3). ( to do this, it may need to routinely update the web service of its IP address and port that the server can reach the service)
the app must be native, extremely responsive, and small size (< 5MB download)
no Java stuff.
must be self contained and easy to install,
no need to create installshield type of install program,
if you want to use open source library, need to let me know and review.
need you finish the program within a week.
Skills: json, amazon
Other open jobs by this client
- Hourly – RoR developer for Spree Commerce