I have a 3.0.8 VBulletin forum since 2005.
I made a lot of changes in PHP code to be faster and more efficient, caching files.
And I have made a lot of changes to this version 3.0.8:
- Any user can create their own forum. There are 54995 forums (forum table)
- There are 73703 moderators (moderator table)
- There are more than 1 million users (user table)
- There are 2,742,381 posts (post table)
- There are 1,699,922 threads (thread table)
- Php code: Almost 0 mysql queries for forum visitors.
More than 1.3 billion page views in several years.
Migrating to 4.2.0 there are a lot of problems:
- /forum.php does not work, there are a lot of forums. There are 54995 forums (forum table)
- I can not update the forums with admincp, I can not refresh the datastore table.
- Although I migrated with difficulty, VBulletin 4.2.0 is very slow.
- Version 4.2.0 is terribly slow on my system, VBOptimise and vBSEO go horribly wrong, these addons aren't working fine. You must modify the php code to go much faster. Avoid as much as possible to mysql queries or modify mysql queries, use cache with disk files or mongoDB or Tokyo Tyrant.
- The system must generate static pages for robots similar to googlebot, bingbot, etc, the system must avoid mysql queries for unregistered users and robots. Clear the specified cache when someone writes something and must be updated to refresh information.
- Modifying the PHP code, I mean only 3 or 4 files: /include/ library somewhere and forum.php, forumdisplay.php
- SEO optimized URLs and paths
It's a project I can do and I know how to do it, but I have no time.